tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hirode, Kartheek V." <kartheek.hir...@hp.com>
Subject JK load balancer question
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 22:36:12 GMT
Hello all

We are planning on using a cluster of Tomcat instances behind an Apache
server, load balanced with the JK connector. Everything is pretty
standard except:
(a) we'd like to turn OFF and ON the traffic coming into the Tomcat
instances based on certain conditions. Plus we'd like to turn ON and OFF
*programmatically*, i.e. the Tomcat instance notifies the Apache (JK) to
START and STOP sending traffic as conditions change

(b) To reiterate again, the key thing is that we'd like to notify
*programmatically* from the Tomcat to the Apache JK.

We've looked at the JK connector docs
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc/config/workers.html
The attribute called "disabled" seems to do exactly that, but it is set
in the workers.properties file and is read during startup of the Apache.

Is there a way to modify this attribute during runtime, with an API-like
access?

Thank you and best regards
-- Kartheek Hirode
   HP.com Hub Services
   Tel: 208.396.9031       Fax: 208.396.7770
   http://hpcom.corp.hp.com/hpps/programs/hub/