tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kory L <tomcat-u...@idlespeculation.com>
Subject Auto-Deployment Problems
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 17:30:21 GMT

  Hello,

  I've been trying to deploy my application into Tomcat and can get it to work
just fine.  However, as I make additional changes to the classes within my WAR,
re-deploying them causes Tomcat to delete virtually every file within the
webapps directory.  Here's the flow of what's happening:

  1) Deploy myapp.war into Tomcat's webapp directory.
  2) Start up Tomcat.  Tomcat sees the myapp.war file and explodes the WAR into
the "myapp" directory under webapps.
  3) I make changes to the code.
  4) After creating a new myapp.war, I use my deployment process to deploy the
application using the Tomcat Ant Tasks or simply copying the file into the
directory.
   ANT TASK:
	<target name="deploy-tomcat">
		<echo message="Deploying IVS to ${tomcat.url}"/>
		<deploy url="${tomcat.url}" username="${tomcat.user}"
password="${tomcat.password}"
		        path="/${app.name}" war="${build.dir}/${app.name}.war"
		   		update="true"/>