tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bernhard Slominski <bernhard.slomin...@zooplus.com>
Subject AW: jspServlet runs out of memory while compiling some jsp files using fork=true
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 13:02:28 GMT
Hi,

I think it happens randomly because it depends on the actual load on the
server.
Where there is not much traffic it's OK, but with more traffic the server
runs out of memomry.
I see your point that you cannot "control" the webmasters.
But still with the problems you have and the obvious very big application
with 10000 lines in a JSP (this must we a horror to maintain the code) and
hundreds of jars you should have a proper deployment process and not just
copying JSPs across.
It does not mean that it's more complicated, I implemented this in my
company with an ant script and it's really simple, stable and secure. Nobody
want's to go back to the old copy "solution".

Cheers

Bernhard