tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <j...@wendysmoak.com>
Subject Re: tomcat stopped
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 23:57:34 GMT
From: "Fred Cook" <ftcook@allvantage.com>

> We are new to tomcat and have been having some difficulties.  Things
> started out well, but when development work started, Tomcat stopped
> responding to any changes in the reinstalled .war file.

What do you mean by 'reinstalled'?  Are you copying the .war file into
'webapps', using the manager app, or what?  Please tell us exactly what
you're doing to deploy a new version of your webapp, it sounds like
something is going wrong during that process.

> IE a new   //localhost:8080/foo/ was the same as the old.

It's probably cached in the browser, did you hold down shift and click
reload to force it to request the page again?

--
Wendy Smoak