tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Vesa Varimo" <vesa.var...@jippii.com>
Subject Re: jspServlet runs out of memory while compiling some jsp files using fork=true
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 12:33:44 GMT

Yes, that would be one solution, but not suitable for our case because our
webmasters are constantly updating jsp pages on our production servers.
Btw. I'm using tomcat 5.0.28.

Thx,

Vesa

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bernhard Slominski" <bernhard.slominski@zooplus.com>
To: "'Tomcat Users List'" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 3:25 PM
Subject: AW: jspServlet runs out of memory while compiling some jsp files
using fork=true

Hi,

I would suggest that you do a precompilation of your jsps on a deployment
machine which is separate from the live machine.
So your compilation is not done on the live server, which might be on heavy
load.
Also you don't have the problem that the first visitor has to wait an awful
long time until the page get's displayed.

Cheers

Bernhard