tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parsons Technical Services" <parsonstechni...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: <Environment> in Tomcat 5.0.28 not working with multiple tomcat services in server.xml
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 11:21:54 GMT
You did specify a different IP for each connector? Else the 2nd one will
fail because the port is in use. Unless the ports on all connectors are
different.

Doug

----- Original Message -----
From: "Iannis Hanen" <Iannis.Hanen@bluejungle.com>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Cc: <ihanen@ubermon1.dubious.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 8:11 PM
Subject: <Environment> in Tomcat 5.0.28 not working with multiple tomcat
services in server.xml

Hi,

I am back with some more questions. I have configured Tomcat to operate
with multiple services and engines (I have different services since I
need separate connector for different set of web applications). For some
web applications inside the host, I have specified some environment
entries. In the first service, everything works great. But in the second
service, I cannot access any of them. Is it a problem in Tomcat, or a
misconfiguration? Here is an outline of my server.xml file below.
Basically, "AttrName2" in the "foo2" context cannot be found. If I swap
the order of the services in server.xml, only the first service (on the
top) behaves properly.

Thanks,

Iannis

<Server ...>

  <Listener .../>

  <Listener .../>

<Service name="Service1">

    <Connector ... />

    <Engine name="Engine1" defaultHost="localhost" ...>

       <Logger .../>

      <Host name="localhost" ...>

      <DefaultContext>

             <Environment name="DefaultAttrName" type="java.lang.String"
value="Some default value"/>

     </DefaultContext>

        <Context path="/foo" reloadable="false" docBase="C:\foo.war"
workDir="C:\ tomcat\work\foo">

            <Environment name="AttrName" type="java.lang.String"
value="myValueOK"/>

        </Context>

      </Host>

    </Engine>

  </Service>

  <Service name="Service2">

    <Connector  .../>

    <Engine name="Engine2" defaultHost="localhost" ...>

       <Logger .../>

      <Host name="localhost" ...>

        <Context path="/foo2" reloadable="false" docBase="C:\foo2.war"
workDir="C:\ tomcat\work\foo2">

            <Environment name="AttrName2" type="java.lang.String"
value="MyLostValue"/>

        </Context>

      </Host>

    </Engine>