tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Kirk" <tomcat-u...@web-startup.co.uk>
Subject RE: Minimal server
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 18:35:48 GMT

Thanks Will - I had not heard of embedded TC before.  Interesting, and a
nice piece of innovation too.

Hence why I misunderstood the thread earlier (sorry).

This could be very useful.  If I've understood correctly, I can somehow
bundle together my existing TC webapp along with the tc-embedded code,
compile a jar that contains them both, and distribute that as a complete
"system", and when the user double-clicks, it runs a very lightweight
version of tc, running my webapp only, in the user's browser?  If so that
will be a great way to distribute a TC webapp for testing, because as long
as you don't have too many testers, this saves having to set up a separate
test server.