tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lakshmi Narayanan K." <lnkrish...@gmail.com>
Subject Query on catalina.bat of Tomcat 5.0.28
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:41:58 GMT
Hi All,

In the file catalina.bat, the following lines of code are present:
    echo Using CATALINA_BASE:   %CATALINA_BASE%
    echo Using CATALINA_HOME:   %CATALINA_HOME%
    echo Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: %CATALINA_TMPDIR%
    echo Using JAVA_HOME:       %JAVA_HOME%

    set _EXECJAVA=%_RUNJAVA%

My question here is, who / wherefrom is the value of _RUNJAVA being
set/obtained?

I noticed that shutdown.bat file calls catalina.bat file with stop
option. I am facing a problem with the execution of the same. When I
executed shutdown.bat via the command prompt, the value of _RUNJAVA
gets set to the value of the proper java that is present in JAVA_HOME.
But when I am executed the same shutdown.bat script from within our
product application, the value _RUNJAVA isn't getting set as expected.
Because of this, tomcat shutdown is not getting called, hence tomcat
never stops when I try to stop it via our application.

Any ideas???

- Lakshmi Narayanan K.