tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pascal Gauthier" <pgauth...@le-son666.com>
Subject Custom 404 page when a webapp is stopped by the manager
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:08:30 GMT
Hi,

we have a tomcat webapp that needs to be down if we are doing a maintenance to the database.
The manager seems to be the perfect solution to make the application unavailable but we found
out that the 404 error-page cannot be customized.

Even if we modified the default web.xml (in conf/) to add the error-page 404,  it doesn't
seems to be resolved when the context is stopped.

If I type an URL that doesn't exists, that doesn't map to any context, I get the right error
page. But if it match a context path of a webapp that is stopped, I have the Tomcat default
error page. Is there a way to fix this?

Are we the only one trying to have a custom error page when the webapp is down?

thanks in advance
pascal.