tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Aime <a.a...@satanet.it>
Subject Application configuration
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:30:11 GMT
Hi,
I have a set of property files that allow me to configure my application.
They contain things like file system locations, database access parameters
and so on.
Now, I would like to put them outside the war file in order to make installation
easier for people not used to web app deployements, but at the same time
I would like to make those files visible only to my app (for example, I'd like
to change the log levels in log4j without unpacking the war).
So, it seems that using shared/classes is not a great solution...

What do you suggest? Is there a clean and easy solution?
Best regards
Andrea Aime