tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Patty O'Reilly" <orei...@qualcomm.com>
Subject Re: tomcat connectors
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:28:32 GMT
First off, I really appreaciate your help. Many thanks.

It looks like I am using the prefork module.

$ ./httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c

MaxClients is set to 150 on apache. maxThreads in the tomcat
server.xml is set to 150 as well, along with aditional threads:

<Connector acceptCount="100" connectionTimeout="20000"
disableUploadTimeout="true" port="8140" redirectPort="8443"
maxSpareThreads="75" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25">

I am going to change AJP connector and add the connectionTimeout
that you suggested like this:

<Connector port="8142" protocol="AJP/1.3"
protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"
redirectPort="8443" connectionTimeout="20000">
</Connector>

I'm also going to bump maxThreads to 175. Tonight we are going
to do some load testing.

Fingers crossed.