tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Patty O'Reilly" <orei...@qualcomm.com>
Subject Re: tomcat connectors
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:52:22 GMT
Thanks very much for responding. I'm still stuggling with an ever
growing number of connections to the apache server and an ever growing
number of threads on my tomcat server. I'm fairly certain it is
not the application. I have all three timeouts set but no joy.

worker.ifa-prod.jweb1.cachesize=1
worker.ifa-prod.jweb1.cache_timeout=600
worker.ifa-prod.jweb1.socket_keepalive=1
worker.ifa-prod.jweb1.socket_timeout=300
worker.ifa-prod.jweb1.recycle_timeout=300

--patty

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Lionel Farbos wrote:

> Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:03:59 +0200
> From: Lionel Farbos <lionel.farbos@free.fr>
> To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Cc: oreilly@qualcomm.com
> Subject: Re: tomcat connectors
>
> Hi,
>
> As described here : http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc/config/workers.html
> the goal of socket_timeout is very different than recyle_timeout :
>
> socket_timeout is a timeout during the activity (between apache and tomcat)
> recycle_timeout is a timeout after the activity; when the exchanges between apache and
tomcat are finished, the socket remains open during recycle_timeout of inactivity (this feature
is close to cache_timeout).