tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Bautista" <mis-program...@dept.fuller.edu>
Subject RE: localhost Context files and path = "/"
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:18:46 GMT
Doug,

Finally, you have solved the problem that has vexed me for days. Thanks.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Parsons Technical Services [mailto:parsonstechnical@earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:20 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: localhost Context files and path = "/"

This is not allowed in Tomcat 5.5.x

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html

Do not declare the path if the path is null "" or "/" in the context unless
you are doing a static in the server.xml

With that in mind think about the fact that there is already a context
element in the server.xml

This is the context element for the app you are trying to deploy. Modify it
to suit your needs. Unlike the others that are declared in the war, the
context for the ROOT app  is in the server.xml and nowhere else.

Doug