tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Bautista" <mis-program...@dept.fuller.edu>
Subject localhost Context files and path = "/"
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 00:02:07 GMT
Hi all,

I've been trying to deploy Sakai 1.5 on my Tomcat 5.5.7. One of the
Contexts, sakai-dispatch, is supposed to replace the ROOT Context. My
CATALINA_HOME/conf/catalina/localhost/sakai-dispatch.xml file contains the
following code:

<Context path="/" docBase="f:/usr/local/sakai/sakai-dispatch"
crossContext="true">
	<Realm className="org.sakaiproject.dav.DavRealm" />
</Context>

When I move this code into my CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml file, Sakai
works. At first I thought sakai-dispatch.xml is not being read, so I added
some garbage to sakai-dispatch.xml, but upon running
CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.bat the output window gave me some error messages
based on the Digester.

My conclusion is this: sakai-dispatch.xml is working, but for some reason
it's not letting me set the path to "/".

Any ideas?

Joe Bautista
Fuller Seminary
Programmer/Analyst