tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Samara, Fadi N Mr ACSIM/ASPEX" <Fadi.Sam...@hqda.army.mil>
Subject RE: How to Deploy Replacement War (UNCLASSIFIED)
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:53:07 GMT
Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I am having a similar problem.  When I first started looking into tomcat, I got the sample.war
from their website, put it
In the webapps folder, started tomcat, it unpacked it, deployed, all was fine.  I deleted
the sample folder that was created and I also deleted the sample.war file.  Now I am getting
involved with JDO, and I just wanted to look at some files in the sample directory, so I placed
the sample.war in the webapps directory, started tomcat, it never unpacked it.
Any input ?

Fadi

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Purcell [mailto:spurcell@vertisinc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:46 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: How to Deploy Replacement War

Hello,

I deployed a war file for a new project a couple of weeks back. The war extracted, and the
manager saw it, and all is good. But now I need to replace that webapp, with a new war file.
Now the other day, I went to the manager, undeployed the webapp, turned off Tomcat and deleted
the webapp folder. Then I put the war file under "webapps" and restarted the server. But things
got screwey and I had to repeat this a couple of times, and also turn Tomcat off in order
to remove the libs.

Anyway, what is the proper protocol on how to "properly" replace a webapp with a new war.

Thanks,

Scott K Purcell