tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Samara, Fadi N Mr ACSIM/ASPEX" <Fadi.Sam...@hqda.army.mil>
Subject RE: port number (UNCLASSIFIED)
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:55:13 GMT
Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I personally don't think it is a good idea, even if it could be done.
Try changing the port for tomcat and do some testing on your side, to check if they seem to
be operating correctly.

Fadi

-----Original Message-----
From: t.n.a. [mailto:tna@sharanet.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:55 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: port number

Hi everyone,

I host applications on a machine where both apache and tomcat are running. I access apache
at port 80 and tomcat at 8080. Is it possible (using the tomcat apache connection, or some
other way) to access both at port 80? I ask because of firewall issues: port 80 seems to be
the "Holy Grail" of accessibility: everything else depends on the local firewall configuration.

Tomislav