tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Durfee, Bernard" <Bernard.Dur...@suny.edu>
Subject RE: java.library.path - DLL - Domino
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 21:56:13 GMT
The DLL was found when I put it in the "C:\JavaTools\JRE1.5.0\bin" which
is in the "sun.boot.library.path". Looking through the code in
ClassLoader.java, it should search the paths in "java.library.path"
after it searches "sun.boot.library.path". ClassLoader parses
"java.library.path" once at the first call to loadLibrary...

usr_paths = initializePath("java.library.path");

...so why is it not finding the DLL on that path? The only possible
reason would have something to do with Tomcat or Java security
interfering, but I can find no evidence of this.

Bernard Durfee

-----Original Message-----
From: Durfee, Bernard
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 4:34 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: java.library.path - DLL - Domino

I am trying to use the native library for connecting to Domino from a
servlet. I was under the impression that the DLL needed to be in the
path specified by the java.library.path system property. However, this
does not seem to work.

I got to the point where even brute force did not work...

System.setProperty("java.library.path", "D:\\Lotus\\Domino");
m_logger.info("Using java.library.path: " +
System.getProperty("java.library.path"));

...from the logger...

Using java.library.path: D:\Lotus\Domino

...then the line...

System.loadLibrary("nlsxbe");

...fails with the following exception...

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nlsxbe in java.library.path
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)

...and indeed I do have a DLL file D:\Lotus\Domino\nlsxbe.dll. This is
on a Windows 2000 machine. Any ideas?

Bernard Durfee