tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Durfee, Bernard" <Bernard.Dur...@suny.edu>
Subject java.library.path - DLL - Domino
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:33:45 GMT
I am trying to use the native library for connecting to Domino from a
servlet. I was under the impression that the DLL needed to be in the
path specified by the java.library.path system property. However, this
does not seem to work.

I got to the point where even brute force did not work...

System.setProperty("java.library.path", "D:\\Lotus\\Domino");
m_logger.info("Using java.library.path: " +
System.getProperty("java.library.path"));

...from the logger...

Using java.library.path: D:\Lotus\Domino

...then the line...

System.loadLibrary("nlsxbe");

...fails with the following exception...

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nlsxbe in java.library.path
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)

...and indeed I do have a DLL file D:\Lotus\Domino\nlsxbe.dll. This is
on a Windows 2000 machine. Any ideas?

Bernard Durfee