tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Crowther" <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: port number
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:09:55 GMT
> From: t.n.a. [mailto:tna@sharanet.org]
> I host applications on a machine where both apache and tomcat are
> running. I access apache at port 80 and tomcat at 8080. Is it
> possible
> (using the tomcat apache connection, or some other way) to
> access both at port 80?

Yes, but you'll have to decide under which part of your Apache site
you'll show your Tomcat pages.  The trick is to install mod_jk to
connect from Apache to Tomcat (and make sure you've got a JK connector
enabled in Tomcat).  Then you can map part or all of the Tomcat URL
space into a virtual directory under Apache.  JK is independent of
Tomcat's HTTP connector so, if you wish, you can even remove Tomcat's
connector on port 8080 once you've done this - the Apache <=> JK <=>
Tomcat route becomes the only route through which you can access Tomcat.

		- Peter