tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Crowther" <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: [Way off topic] Getting MSOutlook calendar to interface with Tomcat-served data
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2005 10:06:53 GMT
> From: Rob Hunt [mailto:robert-hunt@comcast.net]
> I'd like to serve calendar/event info to the calendar in MS
> Outlook (or is that LookOUT!?).  I know that it's possible to
> create output that can be "statically" imported, but I'd like
> to make it as easy as possible to periodically/on-demand
> synchronize Outlook with a Tomcat server.

'Synchronize' as in a one-way download from Tomcat, or as in a two-way
process?

Outlook 2000+ has the notion of a COM add-in that would work for this -
construct such an add-in, give it a property page so that you can
configure its Tomcat server, and let it poll every so often.  We've done
similar work in the past.

Will there always be an Exchange server behind this?  That would make
life a lot easier if there are a significant number of users, as the
sync could be done 'behind the scenes' by a daemon running on/near that
server.

		- Peter