tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Magnotta, Salvatore" <>
Subject Tomcat + Apache Web Server
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:50:41 GMT

I'm new with Apache products and this is my first post.  Please see the background info -
it explains what versions I have and what I have done.

Question: How can I have both Apache and Tomcat running on a Windows platform using Internet
Explorer and do the following:

http://localhost/servlet/HelloServlet  (no Tomcat default port 8080)

instead of

If I try to do http://localhost/servlet/HelloServlet  I get an internal server error.  It
cannot find where this is located.
Apache is trying to find it at C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Website\localhost\www\servlet\HelloServlet

instead of

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\HelloServlet

Apache 2.0.53  (Port 80 - default)
Tomcat 5.5.7    (Port 8080 - default)
mod_jk 1.2.8 (to connect the two together)

Operating System: Win 2K Server

I installed both Apache and Tomcat as Windows Services using the install programs that are

I am able to access  http://localhost and http://localhost:80  (Apache Web server page comes
I am able to access http://localhost:8080  (Tomcat page comes up)
I am able to create basic servlets and run them.  For example, http://localhost:8080/servlet/HelloServlet
I am able to access this host from another machine running Win XP.  I can bring up the Apache
and Tomcat home pages on that PC's browser, and the servlets.

I have placed the following in my httpd.conf file:

LoadModule jk_module modules/
JkWorkersFile "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 5.5/conf/"
JkLogFile "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/logs/mod_jk.log"
JkLogLevel info

I have the file also set up:

worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=ajp12, ajp13

Thank you,