tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Vaneet Sharma" <>
Subject RE: How to read JNDI resources?
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:16:43 GMT

U need to read this page

Have fun reading

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Watters []
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 6:14 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: How to read JNDI resources?

Thank you, I appreciate your reply. I didn't have a context entry so I
added a minimal one (copied from the /examples one) before proceeding
further as shown below.

        <Context path="/xxx" docBase="xxx" debug="0" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true" />

Unfortunately tomcat doesn't start now. I get a 'Document base
C:\Development\Java\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31\webapps\xxx does not exist or
is not a readable directory'

So I added a direcory xxx. Now tomcat starts ok but it doesn't unpack
the xxx.war. Again I'm probably making some very simple mistake but
can't see the problem or an answer in the docs or by googling...

Mark Thomas wrote:

> You need to include a <ResourceLink> element in your context.
> Mark
> Andrew Watters wrote:
>> Using tomcat 4.3.1 I have included the following in server.xml
>> <GlobalNamingResources>
>>    <Environment name="config_file" type="java.lang.String"
>> value="test"/>
>>  </GlobalNamingResources>
>> In a servlet loaded on startup I try to read in the property
>> InitialContext ic = new InitialContext(); Context ctx = (Context)
>> ic.lookup("java:comp/env"); String configFilename =
>> (String)(ctx.lookup("config_file"));
>> This code throws a NamingException. Where have I gone wrong?
>> Thanks
>> Andrew
For additional commands, e-mail:

Vaneet Sharma
executive manager
iDeasTank Limited
an iwg business
dolphins' court po 388
valletta, m-malta/europe
mobile:	 +356 9943 8263
fax:	 +356 9952 8888
phone:	 +356 9942 8888
call me on - my ID is CALLVANEET

Want a signature like this? -\signature

iwg is a global e-mobile company creating, building and growing new businesses.  iwg founders
are pioneers in creating multi-billion dollar mobile and Internet businesses in Europe, Asia
and the US.

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you are not the
addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person),
you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this
message and kindly notify the sender by reply email.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message