tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Vaneet Sharma" <van...@iwg.info>
Subject RE: Authentication problems with tomcat clustering.
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 13:12:45 GMT

I suggest u do step by step again
You will find the bug.

Start from basic . First run one ... And then try loadbalancer.. Later
on

Vaneet

-----Original Message-----
From: David Owens [mailto:David.Owens@ngt.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 3:11 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Authentication problems with tomcat clustering.

I have done some further testing and have found what I think the problem
is, but I still do not know the solution. What is happening is that the
first time I access the webapp through httpd, I am getting the first
tomcat server.  I then type in my username and password and hit submit.
I see in the logs of the first tomcat server log the authentication
happening successfully, however, I am then redirected to the second
tomcat server where my session is not available.

I am using a 'lb' type load balancer, and by default it has sticky
sessions, so I wonder why I am being balanced over to the other tomcat.
Is this, perhaps, a question for the mod_jk team?  Is there such a
mailing list?