tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: first time user
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 13:21:22 GMT
> From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Ben
> Subject: first time user
>
> question:
> 1) I have create a HelloWorld.java file, where should I put
> this file and be able to run it?
> 2) if I want it to look for helloworld.xml and have the
> action being call from there, what can I do?
> 3) do I have to put all the .jar file in the CLASSPATH under
> autoexec.bat?

I think you need to read the documentation, including the JSP and
Servlet specs.  Start here:
	http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/index.html
(You didn't say whether you're using 5.0 or 5.5, so you may need to
adjust the URL.)  Pay special attention to the First Webapp and
Classloading sections.

There are many JSP/Servlet tutorials available on the web - Google a
bit.

 - Chuck

MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended recipient.  If you
and its attachments from all computers.