tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ruth, Brice" <BR...@Fiskars.com>
Subject RE: Masking JSP URL
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 20:35:11 GMT
I don't think this will work. Apache passes the URI to Tomcat via JK2,
and unless JK2 can mungle the actual URI, Tomcat won't be able to figure
out what JSP you're looking for if you use a shortened path.

We use the Struts framework, which nicely hides the location of JSP
files, or any particular file structure at all, from the URI that is
used.

Cheers,
Brice

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lindley [mailto:jlindley9@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 12:26 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Masking JSP URL

Hi all, I have what seems to be a straighforward need, but I have not
yet been able to accomplish it. I am running Apache 2.0.52, Tomcat
5.0.28, mod_jk2, on Windows Server 2003.  Everything seems to be running
fine, but I want to be able to hide, mask, map, whatever, the URL to the
jsp pages.
Here is my workers2.properties file:

Code:

[shm]
info=Scoreboard. Requried for reconfiguration and status with
multiprocess servers.
file=anon

# Defines a load balancer named lb. Use even if you only have one
machine.
[lb:lb]

# Example socket channel, override port and host.
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
port=8009
host=127.0.0.1

# define the worker
[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009
group=lb

# Map the Tomcat webapp to the Web server uri space [uri:/appname/*]
group=lb

[status:]
info=Status worker, displays runtime information

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
info=The Tomcat /jkstatus handler
group=status:

I setup an alias in the httpd.conf file:

Code:

Alias /standalone/ "D:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Tomcat5.0.28/webapps/appname/jsp/usr/standalone/"

<Directory "D:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Tomcat5.0.28/webapps/appname/jsp/usr/standalone">
    Options Indexes MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

So, if I enter http: //ipaddress/appname/jsp/usr/standalone/file.jsp,
the file loads and is
properly passed to Tomcat.

If I enter http: //ipaddress/standalone/file.jsp, the file loads but is
not passed to Tomcat.

I don't want my users seeing the long, ugly URL. What is the
best/easiest way to accomplish this?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

John