tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jaynika Barot <>
Subject running multiple tomcat instances as windows service
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 00:27:48 GMT
we are using tomcat 5.0.28 on windows server.  I have been trying to
install multiple tomcat instances . Our goal is to run multiple
instances on port 80 of virtual IPs. But for testing, i'm using
differnt port numbers instead of ips..

Here r the steps i performed,

(a) installed tomcat on c:\TC1
(b) copied conf,logs,shared,temp,webapps, work  folders from c:\TC1 into c:\TC2
(c) changed port entries into TC2\conf\server.xml
 <Server port=8006 , <Connector port=8081
(d) on cmd prompt

c:\TC1\bin> set CATALINA_BASE=C:\TC2
 c:\TC1\bin>service.bat install TC2

This will install the TC2 windows service, but the service won't start
. If i check the properites of the service, it's pointing to
C:\TC1\bin\tomcat5.exe //RS//tc2

What is wrong??

I couldn't find any step by step guide to setup multiple instances of
tomcat as windows service on Tomcat users list or any other web

Any pointers will be appreciated.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message