tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lorenzo Jiménez <ljime...@nacion.co.cr>
Subject RE: Problems with DataSourceRealm Tomcat 5.5
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:19:55 GMT
On the web.xml you have also to write down after ther welcome files:

<resource-ref>
	<res-ref-name>jdbc/myDB</res-ref-name>
	<res-auth>Container</res-auth>

	<-- optional.if you like -->
</resource-ref>

Lorenzo

-----Original Message-----
From: Kanda Upendra [mailto:UKanda@agris.com]
Sent: Martes, 19 de Abril de 2005 11:06 a.m.
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Problems with DataSourceRealm Tomcat 5.5

Hi,

  I am using Tomcat 5.5 and having problems with the DataSourceRealm
finding the data source in the JNDI.

Here is the configuration of my context.xml,

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm" debug="99"
             dataSourceName="jdbc/myDB"
           userTable="users" userNameCol="login" userCredCol="password"
           userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />

<Resource name="jdbc/myDB" 	auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
      maxActive="10" maxIdle="5" maxWait="100"  username="myDB"
password="myDB" driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
	url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/myDB?autoReconnect=true"/>

I get this error "Name jdbc not bound in this context". I tried moving
the Resource configuration under <GlobalNamingResources> in server.xml,
but I get the same error. JDBCRealm works, but I want it use a
connection pool and hence I am trying to change it to a DataSourceRealm.

Also, interestingly, when I try to access the data source from a jsp in
my webapplication it works. The problem seems to be with the
DataSourceRealm looking up for the resource using JNDI.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Upendra

Si usted no es el destinatario indicado en este mensaje o responsable como persona
de la entrega del mensaje, no debe copiar o reenviar este mensaje, por favor notifique
al correo infosegura@nacion.com. Para más referencia sobre términos importantes
relacionados a este correo visite http://www.nacion.com/disclaimer/index_es2.htm

If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the

message to such person), you may not copy or send this message to anyone, please notify
to infosegura@nacion.com. Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.

<http://www.nacion.com/disclaimer/index_en2.htm>