tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lorenzo Jiménez <ljime...@nacion.co.cr>
Subject How to change a running Tomcat with root user to other user.
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:37:14 GMT
Hi,

Today we saw that our Tomcat 5.0.28 had been installed and it is running with the root user.

Because is a security hazard,

how can I change it to other less dangerous user?, and
what privileges needs to have in order to work?

Our system is a RedHat 9.0, 2.4.21-20.ELsmp

Thanks,
Regards,

Lorenzo

Si usted no es el destinatario indicado en este mensaje o responsable como persona
de la entrega del mensaje, no debe copiar o reenviar este mensaje, por favor notifique
al correo infosegura@nacion.com. Para más referencia sobre términos importantes
relacionados a este correo visite http://www.nacion.com/disclaimer/index_es2.htm

If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the

message to such person), you may not copy or send this message to anyone, please notify
to infosegura@nacion.com. Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.

<http://www.nacion.com/disclaimer/index_en2.htm>