tomcat-users mailing list archives

From LeeAnn Pultz <lee...@extraview.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryError - 100 thread limit?
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:27:45 GMT
Possible success!

I went back to my weblogic installation which I was successfully able to
open up >25 sites to see what it was doing when starting up.

It had -XX:MaxPermSize=128m  in the process description.

I added that to my catalina_opts and I got past the 18 site limitation of
just firing them up.

Can anyone give me any information on what this does?  Is this the "perm
gen" that Chuck mentioned before?  Are there any caveats to setting this
memory option?

thanks!

LeeAnn

At 09:13 AM 4/21/2005, you wrote:
>silly question, does this webapp have like thousands of JSP and
>servlets and preload the JSP's?
>
>peter

LeeAnn Pultz
ExtraView Corporation