tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tuan, Frank" <fra...@amazon.com>
Subject RE: HTTP/POST request body dump
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 01:52:58 GMT
I tried with a Filter.  However, once I called getInputStream() in the filter, getInputStream()
in the servlet returns nothing.

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: Gilbert, Luke T [mailto:Luke.Gilbert@Nav-International.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 6:32 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: HTTP/POST request body dump

Depending on what is meant by 'configure', the response of 'Nope.' may be incorrect.

Logging HTTP POST requests could easily be accomplished with a Filter using getInputStream().

But if you want to capture network traffic, you should probably use a tool that was designed
for that purpose. Many programs exist that can do this. Ethereal (http://www.ethereal.com/)
is one such program that has the added benefit of being Free.

Luke