tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Santosh Dawara <>
Subject Tomcat 5.5.x: allowLinking under DefaultContext
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:29:09 GMT
I would like to load classes required by my web applications via soft
links on Linux. I usually set <DefaultContext allowLinking="true"/>
under the <Host> element in my server.xml. This worked well with
Tomcat 5.0. I moved my webapps to 5.5.9, I made similar modifications
to my 5.5 compliant 'server.xml' to 'allowLinking' under the
DefaultContext. Tomcat does not seem
to find my classes any longer.

To verify, I replaced the SymLink with a real directory, my servlet
initialized correctly. Tomcat was able to locate the class. As far as
the documentation is concerned, this feature should still be available
under 5.5.9 (see link below).

Could someone confirm if this functionality is still working under 5.5.9?

Santosh Dawara

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message