tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pawson, David" <David.Paw...@rnib.org.uk>
Subject RE: Custom 404 page when a webapp is stopped by the manager
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:10:33 GMT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Pascal Gauthier

    we have a tomcat webapp that needs to be down if we are
    doing a maintenance to the database. The manager seems to
    be the perfect solution to make the application unavailable
    but we found out that the 404 error-page cannot be customized.

    Even if we modified the default web.xml (in conf/) to add
    the error-page 404,  it doesn't seems to be resolved when
    the context is stopped.

Do you know which web.xml is in use at any particular time?

If a client interacts with webapp A, is it the web.xml
in {tchome}/webapps/A/WEB-INF/web.xml that is in control?

What about the web.xml in ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml? When does
that come into use?

And what is the purpose of /conf/web.xml ?

For error handling purposes, should all these be lined up if I
want to use the same error pages?

regards DaveP

--
DISCLAIMER: