tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ashok Anumandla <ash...@vividacs.com>
Subject 2 nd Try : help need for hosting the website
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:28:01 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to host my website on Tomcat 5.5.9 in my home machine, i did
following steps ..

- installed the JRE,JAVA, and Tomcat 5.5.9
- installed ant
- when i run ant, it created anishanumandla under tomcat webapps.
- configured following in server.xml
<Host name="www.anishanumandla.com" appBase="/Program Files/Apache
Software Foundation/Tomcat 5.5/webapps/anishanumandla">
    <Context path="" docBase="/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Tomcat 5.5/webapps/anishanumandla"  />
          </Host>
- Configured web.xml for welcome file.
- Configured my linksys to fwd the any request from
www.anishanumandla.com to port number and 8080 port.

- Restarted the tomcat,

But unfortunately i am not able to make it working , when i try
http://localhost:8080/anishanumandla, it is working fine, but when i try
accessing www.anishanumandla.com it is not working, i am getting page
not found error, can somebody please tell me what i am doing wrong
here?? or if there is step by step document, can u please send me the
url,,,

the environmentment is Windows 2000...

Thanks in advance

Regards