tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Leone <>
Subject Re: Error 400 no such host.
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2005 05:26:26 GMT
FWIW, I tried this on my Windows XP system, and it worked. I copied the
webapps folder with one of its app folders to the system root directory,
set appbase="c:\webapps", and it worked.

One observation that may shed some light on your problem. When I first
tried it, I only copied my axis webapp folder. When I went to
http://localhost:8080/ I got a blank page (not a "Host not found"
error). But I could navigate to http://localhost:8080/axis and see the
axis web app. Then I copied the "Root" folder from the original webapps
directory to the new location, and I got the usual Tomcat startup page
when I went to http://localhost:8080/. Did you copy the Root folder over
when you tried it?

jesper wrote:

>My system is tomcat 5.5.7 on linux mandrake 10.1 with sun java 1.5
>my server.xml
>/webpps is the original webapps dir, moved to /, to test the absolute path in
>appBase.. I get 400 no such host
>Has anybody, here made it work with an absoulte path, on linux? How?
><?xml version="1.0"?>
><Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
>  <Service name="Catalina">
>    <Connector port="8009" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
>    <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">
> <Host appBase="/webapps" name="localhost" unpackWARs="true"
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: