tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Rossbach ...@objektpark.de>
Subject Re: Clustering "application scope replication"
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:33:35 GMT
Hey,

with the next tomcat 5.5.10 release you can add a ClusterListener and
LifecycleListener to
your cluster config to realize those ServletContext attributes
replication things. Look at the current cvs head
and test it.

    <ClusterListener
className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListener" />
    <ClusterListener className="your class" />
    <Listener className="your class" />

Your LifecycleListener receive the manager/context un/registration event.
BEFORE_MANAGERREGISTER_EVENT
AFTER_MANAGERREGISTER_EVENT
BEFORE_MANAGERUNREGISTER_EVENT
AFTER_MANAGERUNREGISTER_EVENT

ClusterListener are receive the messages. (look at
ClusterSessionListener or JvmRouteSessionIDBinderListener)
You must define your own ClusterMessage implementation
(SessionMessageImpl or SessionIDMessage)

Your code contribution is very welcome :-)

Peter