tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Ochani <ocha...@ncc.edu>
Subject Re: mod_jk working together with mod_userdir - possible or not?
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:38:10 GMT
In order to get Tomcat to handle requests as in

http://www.xyz.com/~username

you need to use the Tomcat UserConfig class and then have apache pass off all
requests to .jsp to tomcat with mod_jk.

Details to use UserConfig in tomcat are at a few places including

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/06/25/tomcat_tips.html?page=2

(tip #7)

Test if first by

http://www.xyz.com:8080/~username/nameOfFile.jsp

If you get beans and servlets working in user's public_html directory let me know
because I've tried for 2 weeks and couldn't get them to work.

Good luck