tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Clustering "application scope replication"
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:07:21 GMT
The servlet spec says this data is local to a given JVM.

I suppose a servlet engine could expand beyond the spec, but I'd be
surprised if Tomcat did here.

Joakim Ahlén wrote:

>Hi!
>
>We have a cluster of two tomcat 5.5.9-machines using session replication. However, we
also have data in application scope (set with getServletContext().setAttribute(...)) which
as far as i have found in the docs, is not replicated.

>Is there any way to accomplish this with tomcat? If not, is there any plan to develop
support for it? Do other application servers have support for this?