tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <>
Subject Re: class path (UNCLASSIFIED)
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:36:04 GMT
S M wrote:
> The same as before.

Not surpring if you haven't addressed the problems Jason already
pointed out --

> lCATALINA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1

1) Reinstall Tomcat in `C:\tomcat_4.1` or something, with *no*
    spaces in the path.

2) Don't put servlet.jar and j2ee.jar in the same classpath, as
    you'll have duplicated classes...

> Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> On Apr 12, 2005 3:39 PM, S M wrote:
>>sorry for the confusion, but i have set CLASSPATH, i echoed on cmd as mentioned and
yes it shows me the CLASSPATH as listed below
>>>where ";C:\javacode" had the source code.
> Have you explicityly set CATALINA_HOME as well? Does it have spaces in
> it? If so surround it with double quotes or move it to a path with no
> spaces. I don't think having servlet.jar and j2ee.jar in the same
> classpath is a good idea either.

Webtuitive Design ===  (+1) 408-938-0567   ===

                           dream.  code.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message