tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: Application-level control of web-resources
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2005 21:45:46 GMT
QM wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 06:35:51PM +0200, Morten Sabroe Mortensen wrote:
> : This would open up for e.g. creating a wiki-like application, where each
> : wiki-page is a valid JSP-page, which is created dynamically and stored
> : elsewhere than within the deployed WAR-file.
>
> Why use real pages?  Those are a pain to manage, especially in Java
> webapps (which are supposed to be sealed applications).

Hi QM,

I know what you say is the prevailing wisdom. But, I would be interested
to know your thoughts regarding pregenerating JSP or velocity templates
such that the decoration (and content inclusion) happens prior to runtime.

For example, we use XSLT to pregenerate the pages (managed through our
CMS) so that as much as possible exists in the page/template. This
leaves only what is *required* to be dynamic for runtime. Thoughts? (I
can take it :)

best,
-Rob