tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat scalability
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 10:40:55 GMT
1a) It depends on your code. TOmcat can handle it but only if your code can
also scale.
1b) Free: Jmeter, seige, apache ab - it depends on the type of test
2) See the faq or wiki
	http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/performance.html
   	http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tomcat/UsefulLinks
3) Maybe. This really depends on
  - Do you have multiple CPUs
  - Can you a single JVM use multiple CPU's effectively (as compared to 2 or
more)
  - Do you have enough memory
  - What nuances (to your advantage or disadvantage) are there is thread
scheduing across mutlitple  JVMs / CPUs for your OS.

-Tim