tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Performance monitoring
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:50:29 GMT
What all of these are missing are things like:

    * Overall per web app (not per-connector thread) max and avg request
      time, request concurrency, etc.
    * Overall per web app max and average session concurrency, etc.
    * Percentage of overall CPU time spent in servlet requests, etc

Somewhere one does cross the hazy Heisenberg uncertainty principal line,
i.e. noticeably impacting performance by trying to hard to measure
performance...

--
Jess Holle