tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John B. Moore" <>
Subject Re: Configuring Manager for different Virtual Hosts
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2005 18:43:35 GMT

    Thanks for replying..  Sadly there must be something else to
configure..  I did read all the relevant documents and the manager works
fine for the default "webapps" context.  I added the line you suggested
to that virtual host.. restarted everything (including Apache)

   I then type in

   http:// <virtualhost URL>/manager/html

... and Tomcat indicates that such a context does not exist..

   This, in my thinking is understandable, because I have not
configured  a context IN tomcat (i.e. server.xml) for that Host and that
is what I think I'm missing.. It is  just can not find any documentation
to help me on this.. (though I remember seeing a discussion on this
somewhere..)  I tried to pattern after the default host but because  my
webapps are "down one more level" in the directory structure the pattern

Alias /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/someapp/../../server/webapps/manager

..does not work..  it parses it to

Alias /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/someapp/../server/webapps/manager

.. which does not exist..

   If you have a momment, please reread my original message that
explains the configuration of my web applications..  Any ideas would be

   Thanks again for taking the time to respond..