tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Akacem Mohammed <Mohammed.Aka...@arbeitsagentur.de>
Subject Encoding probleme
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:55:57 GMT
Hello to you all,

I have an axis client ( SOAP ) which sends a String als parameter in xml format  ( <?xml
version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1">).
this client connect to a webserver over https, the webserver directs the request with http
to tomcat 4.0.6 on which my webserver is deployed.

the probleme  I am experiecing is as follow:

from the webservice under tomcat I got the exception : invalid xml character &#dbc0 (
I have lookup under der unicode charset and this is an invalid surrogate for xml).
the probleme is that this exception should be thrown from the axis client ( I know the client
validate the string ).

my asssumption is that may be tomcat is doing something wrong with my string before passing
it to the axis servlet. I have read in the mailing list that the default for tomcat is ISO-8859-1.
I tried to reproduce this exception by setting for the JVM this options -Djavax.servlet.request.encoding=Shift_JIS
with no success.( although I am sending ISO-8859-1)

Has anybody an idea, thanks for any help.