tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Purcell" <spurc...@vertisinc.com>
Subject How to Deploy Replacement War
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:46:09 GMT
Hello,

I deployed a war file for a new project a couple of weeks back. The war extracted, and the
manager saw it, and all is good. But now I need to replace that webapp, with a new war file.
Now the other day, I went to the manager, undeployed the webapp, turned off Tomcat and deleted
the webapp folder. Then I put the war file under "webapps" and restarted the server. But things
got screwey and I had to repeat this a couple of times, and also turn Tomcat off in order
to remove the libs.

Anyway, what is the proper protocol on how to "properly" replace a webapp with a new war.

Thanks,

Scott K Purcell