tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryError - 100 thread limit?
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:43:32 GMT
glad I was wrong and you found a solution.

http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/VMOptions.html

I'm just guessing here, but by forcing the maxPermSize to 128, it
leaves more space for the eden and prevents classes from getting
promoted to perm. Atleast that's logical explanation I can think of.
Another way to get the heap to resize in larger increments and prevent
it from getting smaller is to set the -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio.

peter lin