tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ronald Klop <ronald-mailingl...@base.nl>
Subject Fatal: Stack size too small. Use 'java -Xss' to increase default stack size.
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:33:05 GMT
Hello,

My Tomcat logs this in catalina.out.

Fatal: Stack size too small. Use 'java -Xss' to increase default stack size.

I don't see a stack trace, so I can't figure out what is really going wrong here.
My current setup is jdk 1.4.2_08 on linux 2.6.x with Tomcat 5.0.28. We are using these parameters
to start Java/Tomcat: -Xmx1024m -Xms1024m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsun.net.inetaddr.ttl=60.
Tomcat is clustered with 3 nodes.

Is this a known problem for anybody? Does increasing -Xss solve the problem or does it only
make it happen less often?

We are running a heavy webapp with 2500 users logged in for 8 hours a day (so sessions live
long).

Ronald.