tomcat-users mailing list archives

From PAlvin <>
Subject How get homepage requests to forward to Tomcat without a redirect?
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:25:28 GMT
I'm currently using Tomcat 4.
When someone goes to my site, say,, I'd like it run a
servlet for the home page instead of a static page (my entire site is
I configured the connector to send all *.htm files to Tomcat and I
created a re-write rule in the Apache configuration file like this:
   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteRule ^/$ /home.htm [R]
This works great, EXCEPT, that the browser is sent a redirect and I
heard that is bad for search engines.
I could send *all* http requests to tomcat, BUT, obviously, I DON'T
want Tomcat serving up images.
So, is there any way to configure Apache and/or Tomcat to make: ---run-->
without a redirect?
How do I get requests to go to Tomcat???
Peter Alvin
mobile 719-210-3858
skype 'smartmicro'

To unsubscribe, e-mail: