tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lionel Farbos <lionel.far...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Clustering "application scope replication"
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:11:04 GMT
Hi

For your needs, you can use
session replication (http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/cluster-howto.html)
or
your own mechanisms and tables with datas in a database ...
Regards.

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:15:54 +0200
"Joakim Ahlén" <joakim.ahlen@kartena.se> wrote:

> Ok, too bad. Is there any way of storing objects if we want them in "cluster scope"?

> An ugly hack would be to use one single HttpSession with a special session-id to store
global objects, and somehow fetch objects from within this HttpSession from inside requests
that belongs to other sessions. I can't see how this could be done though, since request.getSession()
can't fetch other sessions than its own. This would probably also have to include some tomcat
specific magic which i wouldn't want.