tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Reger, Jr." <>
Subject Tomcat Won't Start When >1024Mb JVM Memory Specified
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:16:10 GMT
Hi All!
I'm trying to configure Tomcat to use 2.5Gb of memory on Windows 2000 Server
SP4 with Java 1.4.2_04.
To configure memory I'm using Start -> Programs -> Apache Tomcat 5.0 ->
Configure Tomcat -> Java Tab.
When I set the Maximum Memory Pool to anything greater than 1024Mb the
Tomcat service bombs immediately and gives an error popup (when done from
the Services control panel).  Sorry, I didn't write down the error code.
Is there a 1Gb limit on the JVM?  On Tomcat?
Should I configure by editing startup.bat/catalina.bat instead?
I'm open to suggestions/workarounds.
Joe Reger