tomcat-users mailing list archives

From S M <iwantajav...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: class path (UNCLASSIFIED)
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:24:13 GMT
Hi All
Let me make things clearer now, forget all the prior mails and listen
I have two java files 'HelloWorld.java' and "Hello.java'
I am attaching the code for the same.
Now on compiling HelloWorld.java, I still getting errors no matter what way I compile, the
log is attached also.
On compiling Hello.java with the classpath, it compiles properly. However gives error when
copiled without the classpath mentioned explicitly.
I brought in confusion earlier saying that HelloWorld compiled and there was no class file,
however when I had received the Windows error.. sayong 'javac.exe encountered error', what
actually had happeded.. it deleted the contents of HelloWorld.java, keeping the file name
intact. That is why when I compiled a blank file it compiled without errors and it illusioned
as if the code was compiled and no class file was generated.

To answer what c:/javacode is then that is the place where the source code as .java files
reside.

"Samara, Fadi N Mr ACSIM/ASPEX" <Fadi.Samara@hqda.army.mil> wrote:
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Try to reboot your machine, then compile again and see what happens.

Fadi